BioClear and Clean
- Keep your pond water looking crystal clear and keep toxic ammonia at bay with Cool Ponds' BioClear and Clean.
- Natural bacteria with barley promotes beneficial bacteria growth for your biological filter.
- Throw these water-soluble packets anywhere in the pond -- easy! Each packet treats 1,000 gallons. Use weekly for best results.
- Works best in water temperatures above 50°F. For cooler water, use Spring and Fall Prep.
- Because this bacteria is aerobic, it grows best in highly oxygenated ponds. For the best way to oxygenate your water, use a pond aerator.
- Safe for all aquatic life.
- To learn everything you want to know about algae, check out our blog! And take at our clear water checklist.
- Natural water treatments are great, but keep in mind that nature takes time. You must have patience when using BioClear and Clean. It will be worth the wait!
It has been about a month since I started using BioClear and Clean. The green water is pretty much gone. I think it took about a week and 2 treatments. I have not yet achieved the crystal clear water that I was hoping for. I have 8 or 9 comet Goldfish that range from 3" to 6" in a 500 gallon pond so I do not think my filters and pump are overloaded. I will be adding a submerged aeration system since I have read it helps clear cloudiness. Meantime, I will keep using BioClear and Clean since it does make a difference.
We have a goldfish pond which was building up algae and green water. Our local pet supplies store that sells fish and all materials to maintain ponds sold us algae fix and algae clear which did nothing. I drained
my pond 5 times and cleaned it. Every time I filled it within days algae appeared and the water turned
green. So we went on youtube and searched for relief of our problem. We saw and ordered your BioClear
and WOW it cleared my pond so fast it is unbelievable. Thank you!
We have had an 800 gallon pond 30 years. We have tried chemicals, which we hate! Barley straw and extract which work to a point. I heard about Bio Clear on a Pond Blog and it is the absolute Best!! Our Pond has never been so healthy even in the hottest days of summer which are very stressful on a small pond. We even have new baby fish
First treatment was on 6/18/22. My pond (about 850 gallons) went from pea soup to where I can see my fish down at least 10 inches! Second treatment will be today, 6/25/22, and I look forward to more clarity in the weeks to come!! May need some Muck Off Sludge next.
I will certainly change this when the pond changes. I hate to review right now. I'm only going on 3 weeks. However I had a serious pea green bloom, a tremendous heat wave, accompanied by a partial water change because of repairs. I also added a new DIY filter system. So far I have put 1 pod into the bottom of my filtering system each week for a approximately a 1,300 gallon pond. I hope I can find this review to change it if and when the pond changes. I'm confident it will. I am taking water samples and putting them on my instagram weekly. Though I have to say, later in the day, the pond looks more green than earlier. I don't know if that is possible. I have faith and patience and just need to wait. I plan on putting a pod in the filter weekly. Wish me luck.
Hi Bridgette, thanks for your purchase and your review! It can definitely take a few weeks for BioClear and Clean to work. Especially in the heat. We hope you keep with it! If you need more advice on keeping your water clear, feel free to email photos to email@example.com, and we'll see what other steps you might need to take.
We Also Recommend